Tuesday, December 1, 2009

The 13th Day of Christmas

The Child

They told me to stay in bed one more hour

I don’t think I can, I don’t have the power

How can they sleep on a day like today?

Christmas has come, what else can I say?

With presents and eggnog, pajamas still on

Getting warm by the fire with a soft Christmas song

My mom and my dad huddled up hand in hand

Both smiling at me like they bought something grand

After the presents, the kisses and hugs

We all watched a movie with hot cocoa mugs

We laughed and we cried, quoting all the best parts

Making memories that always will last in our hearts

Then dad read a story from the Bible at night

He said someone special was born Christmas night

When he tucked me in bed and wrapped me up tight

We smiled at each other as he turned off the light

3 comments:

  1. Here we go! Looks like you're off to a good start.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait, it starts with the 25th day of Christmas?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea... kind of like a count down or something... but it'll make sense why i did it this way in the end [hopefully].

    ReplyDelete