Wednesday, December 9, 2009

The 5th Day of Christmas


Kanakaloka

Today is the day. I’ve been waiting all year

To travel the world and bring Christmas cheer

All in one night I tour the whole world

Giving gifts to every good boy and good girl

I slide down the chimney, no matter the size

And unpack those gifts that are sure to surprise

I stuff all the stockings and eat a small snack

Then hop in my sleigh for the reindeer to take back

This is my purpose, and I give it my best

And my soul is fulfilled till I give it a rest

Of course rest is not what my helpers would say

They’d say rest is what they get just on Christmas day

The other spread out three-hundred-and-sixty-four

Are spent making toys, games, and candy galore

Some say I’m not real—that I can’t exist

But the imagination can throw reality a twist

2 comments:

  1. I love the last line of this stanza!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You SURE you didn't steal this? lol. You're very talented, my friend.

    ~Anna Marie~

    ReplyDelete