Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Big Break 2010

This is basically a journal excerpt
_______________________

I feel like I finally understand what it means to be free from sin. Hersh explained that when he called "The Great Exchange." The Great Exchange was when Jesus died for our sins. At that moment, He traded all of His righteousness for all our sin. He suffered the punishment of our sin so that we could experience what Paul talks about in Romans 8:1-2 and II Corinthians 5:21 -


"Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in

Christ Jesus, because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit

of life set me free from the law of sin and death."

---

"God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him

we might become the righteousness of God."


There is nothing I can do, even through obedience, that will bring me to a point of being more righteous before God. If there was anything I could that would make me more righteous, then Jesus' death wasn't quite enough. We will sin, but after we sin we should not believe the lie that says we aren't good enough for God to use us. I have heard a few stories this week about how God has used non-Christians to lead others Christ miraculously, and then countless stories from CRU college students this week about how God has worked miracles to open doors and share the hope Jesus has to offer to what will hopefully be hundreds by the end of the week (which I suppose is counting, so ignore the colloquialism used at the beginning of the sentence).

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad God is working in your heart through Big Break! What a beautiful lesson to learn; it's one I'm still learning, every day.

    ReplyDelete