Saturday, November 27, 2010

Hopes and Dreams

I've had this reoccurring dream a while
Mountains stack and I am underneath the pile
When I am under, wake's a mile away
You are my sun but I can't seem to find the day

My hopes are tangent to my dreams this time
My hands want to be warmed by you rather than rhyme
I know it's out of reach but I must try
Though passion melts the cold it invites the fire

I have a fear of being on the ground
Might miss my flight
Walk away, don't make a sound
But this charming sound has made its way to me
It's such a shame to leave the passenger's company

I'm so afraid to get off this plane
Because I fear I won't get on ever again
The ground may be safe but it's the air I love
Take me up high, I like the view from up above

2 comments:

  1. I like this. It seems to have more than one meaning, yes?

    I'm glad you're writing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It isn't as much about multiple meanings as it about one complicated meaning, which hopefully captures various aspects of relate-ability.

    ReplyDelete